For back-to-school forms, log in with your child's student ID as your username, and his/her birthdate (in MMDDYY format) as password. Please contact your child's school with questions related to your student's ID or if you have problems logging in. Click the above image to access.
Thank you for considering Newark City Schools. To help ensure that schools and students are well prepared for the first day of school, parents are encouraged to register their child or children as soon as possible. Doing so helps our schools and teachers be equipped and ready to make each student's first day pleasant and productive.
- Entering kindergarten: Children who are five by September 30 are eligible to enter kindergarten that school year. Registering as early as possible before the fall helps us to get organized for the new school year. Due to the current regulations surrounding COVID-19, we are setting up specific appointments to finalize registration. Please contact Mary Lollo at 740-670-7008 with questions. REGISTRATIONS FOR THE 2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR WILL BEGIN IN APRIL 2021.
To determine the school your child will attend, please click on the attendance boundary information. School phone numbers and addresses are available at this link.
Newark City Schools has implemented an online student registration system, called Registration Gateway. In order to register your children for school, please click on the following link: Online Registration.
If you are registering a new student and have never logged in before, click on "New Student Gateway," then on "Start" on the following page. From there, you can create a user name and start filling out the information. The forms can be filled out from any Internet-connected device, from any location. Computers are available at our buildings, including our district office, if needed.
If you have any difficulty with the Registration Gateway, please contact our Community Outreach Office at 740-670-7020, or by emailing [email protected] If you have questions specific to student registration, please contact the District Registrar's office at 740-670-7008.
Once you complete the online forms, you will need to visit the district office for students in grades K-8, Newark High School for students in grades 9-12, or the Newark Digital Academy if your students will be attending there.
If your child is entering grades K-8: Please come to the district office between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. daily, Monday through Friday to finish the enrollment process. If your child is entering grades 9-12, please visit Newark High School during school hours (7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.) to complete the enrollment process.
When you register your child, please bring the following:
- Child's original Birth Certificate
- Photo ID for Custodial Parent
- Current Immunization Record
- Child Custody Records, if applicable
- Proof of Residency (such as a current paid utility bill or a lease/rental agreement)