Newark City Schools will offer summer programming opportunities for students at all grade levels this summer. More information about each opportunity will be forthcoming, but we wanted families to be able to plan for each of these free opportunities:
- STEM Camp: June 14-18. STEM Camp is open to students headed into grades 2-12 and provides hands-on learning in the science, technology, engineering and math fields.
- Foreign Language Camp: June 21-25. Foreign Language Camp is designed for students who have completed grades 4-6 to get introduced to foreign language offerings in the district.
- Kindergarten Readiness Academy: July 5-29. Click here for more information.
- "Count Me In" Math Camp: June 28-July 2 and/or July 19-23. For all students entering grades 1-12, includes project-based learning.
- Newark Reads: June 28-July 2 and/or July 26-30. For all students entering grades 1-12.
- Newark Makes: July 5-9. For all students entering grades 8-12. Students will work in the "maker space" at the high school, working in project design.
- Newark Codes: July 12-16. Weeklong coding camp. More information on grade levels will be released soon.
More information about each opportunity, including registration information, will be released soon. Most of the camps are a half day long.