Spectrum is providing free Internet access for families with school-aged children. Please click here
to find out how to ask for this service.
FREE INTERNET WITH SPECTRUM
Spectrum has announced that they are offering free internet service for students who currently have no internet at home. We know this will help a number of our families during this difficult time. Here is what you need to know in order to access internet with Spectrum:
1) Call 1-844-488-8395 and state that you want to set up new internet service
2) Prepare to be on hold for a while
3) Explain to the representative that you want the FREE INTERNET FOR REMOTE EDUCATION PURPOSES. If you don’t mention this, they will not tell you about the free internet.
4) The representative will verify that your address qualifies for Spectrum service.
5) Installation fees will be waived.
6) Internet will be free for 60 days.
7) After that 60 days, YOU MUST CALL TO CANCEL. IF YOU DO NOT CANCEL, THEY WILL BILL YOU AUTOMATICALLY FOR THE FOLLOWING MONTH OF SERVICE. If you choose to continue with service it will cost a promotional rate of $49/month + an additional $5/month in equipment fees.
This is a wonderful program to help continue education at home during this unpredictable time. If you have any questions, please reach out to me by email [email protected] and I will do my best to answer all questions.
School Social Worker