On Wednesday, November 18th, Team 9 hosted a Thanksgiving event for our Freshmen at Newark Digital Academy. The students each were assigned a station to create Pumpkin Pie in a Jar. After mixing their ingredients, the students assembled their Pumpkin Pies to take home and enjoy. Here is our recipe we used with Team 9:
Pumpkin Pie in a Jar Recipe:
3 c. finely crushed ginger snaps, plus more for garnish
12 tbsp. butter, melted
1 15-oz can pumpkin puree
3 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 c. heavy cream
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- Make crust: In a large bowl, mix ginger snap crumbs with melted butter until fully coated.
- Make pumpkin layer: In a small bowl, mix pumpkin puree with 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon. (For best results, transfer mixture to a piping bag.)
- Make cream layer: In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in cream cheese and remaining two tablespoons sugar. (For best results, transfer mixture to a piping bag.)
- Among four mason jars, layer ginger snap crust, pumpkin, and cream, alternating until you reach the top of the jar.
- Garnish with ginger snaps and serve.