** If you plan to walk at graduation you MUST attend practice on Friday 5/22!!!
(Graduation Practice –10 am on Friday May 22nd - at White Field)
**Graduation Ceremony- Saturday, May 23rd – 10:00 a.m. White Field
1. Assemble at White Field at 9:15 a.m. on May 23rd. (traffic and parking will be difficult after 9:15 am).
2. Enter by the south gate and line up as instructed at practice.
3. Diplomas will be handed out immediately following the ceremony under the goal posts at the east end of the field.
4. Photographers are required to remain off the field during the ceremony. If you want a graduation picture, re-enactment pictures may be taken at the podium by parents after the recessional.
5. IN CASE OF INCLEMENT WEATHER, PLEASE LISTEN TO YOUR LOCAL RADIO STATIONS FOR INSTRUCTIONS. (also Twitter, NCS Website)
General Information for Seniors/Parents at Graduation
- Students must wear cap and gown. Tassels should be worn over the right eye. Do not change until directed. Honor cords should be worn properly. The double cords should be draped from back of neck to front with tassels in front. If you tie the cords together with a knot in the middle and put the knot under your collar, the honor cords will look neat and stay in place.
- No food during the ceremony (water bottles will be provided under each student’s chair).
- No cap or gown decorations permitted.
- Cell phones are to be put away and kept off during the ceremony.
- Instructions for standing and sitting will be given at rehearsal. Students will sit down and rise together watching the first person in your row.
- Instructions on how to line up will be given to you at graduation practice (5/22).
- The robes are very thin. Women will need to be dressed in white or very light colors. Men should be wearing dark slacks as well as a shirt and tie. NO SHORTS. NO JEANS, NO FLIP-FLOPS.
- If you show up in jeans, shorts or flip-flops, you will be sent home.
- Graduation is a serious occasion. Please be courteous observers and do not yell when your child’s name is announced.