Graduation Instructions 2022
Graduation Ceremony- Saturday, May 28th – 10:00 a.m. White Field
* If you plan to walk at graduation you MUST attend practice on Friday May 27th
(Graduation Practice will be held at 10 am on Friday May 27th at White Field)
Graduation (Saturday May 28th)
- Assemble at White Field by 9:15 a.m. on May 28th (traffic and parking will be difficult after 9:15 am).
- Enter by the south gate (visitors’ side) and line up as instructed at practice.
- Diplomas will be handed out immediately following the ceremony under the goalposts at the east end of the field.
- Photographers are required to remain off the field during the ceremony. If you want a graduation picture, re-enactment pictures may be taken at the podium by parents after the ceremony.
- In case of inclement weather:
Graduation is Saturday May 28th at 10 am, If weather is bad it will be delayed in the following order: Saturday at 2 pm, then 6 pm. If all of Saturday is a rainout, we will move graduation to Sunday 2 pm, and then to 6 pm. Please visit the NCS Website for announcements and updates. Information will also be available on Twitter.
General Information for Seniors/Parents at Graduation
- Students must wear cap and gown. Tassels are worn over the right eye. Do not change until directed. Honor cords should be worn properly. The double cords should be draped from back of neck to front with tassels in front. If you tie the cords together with a knot in the middle and put the knot under your collar, the honor cords will look neat and stay in place.
- The graduation gowns are very thin. If you are wearing a white gown, you should be dressed in white or very light colors. If you are wearing a crimson gown, you should wear dark colors. Shirts should have a collar; a tie is optional. NO SHORTS. NO JEANS. NO FLIP-FLOPS. If you show up in jeans, shorts, or flip-flops, you will not participate in the ceremony.
- No cap or gown decorations permitted (except honor cords awarded by NCS).
- Cell phones are to be put away and kept off during the ceremony.